Philip Shaw Wines (PSW) is a family owned winery making premium wines in the cool climate region of Orange NSW. Our vineyard, Koomooloo, was established in 1989 and is the primary source of grapes for wine production. The Winery is located at a separate site closer to town; 100 Shiralee road. The facility had its first vintage in 2008 and since then it has undergone 2 extensions to meet the growing demand of our wines. Last vintage we produced wines from Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris and Viognier grapes.
We are looking for a passionate and driven Winemaker to join our team for the 2019 vintage
This position requires someone with good leadership skills and will involve but is not limited to:
•Hands on work in the Winery
•Overseeing quality checking procedures including fruit intake and various other vintage processes
•Assisting with the winemaking plan
•Hands on wine analysis and interpretation of results
•Extended hours of work including weekend and public holiday work and possible shift work (afternoon shift)
during the vintage period
•Start date at the latest would be beginning of Febuary 2019 through until the completion of the 2019 Vintage
• have a degree in Oenology with good wine making knowledge
• have a positive attitude and ability to follow procedure and directions from senior management.
• demonstrate good time management in performing a range of tasks from winemaking, laboratory and cellar operations
• work well with others and be a leader in the cellar
• communicate well with management
• have leadership experience and is able to manage others
If you believe you have the skills and ability to fill this position, we look forward to hearing from you
Please email your resume and a covering letter to Nadja Wallington (email@example.com) no later than 12th October 2018.