Winery Laboratory Manager
|Location||Langhorne Creek, South Australia|
|Date Posted||26th Sep 2012|
Situated in the Langhorne Creek wine region one hour from Adelaide, Project Wine is a modern premium winemaking facility. With an annual crush of 15,000 tonnes our experienced and committed team provide contract grape processing and winemaking services to the industry.
Commencing in Mid November, an opportunity exists for an experienced Laboratory Manager to join our winery team for a Contract period of 12 months, during which time their role will include but is not limited to:
- Overseeing all aspects of laboratory operations over the 2013 Vintage period including wine grape receival and assessment.
- Coordinating staff workloads and delivering training as required.
- Analysing and reporting accurate and timely results to the winemaking team and external clients.
- Ensuring calibration and HACCP, OHS&W and EPA compliance requirements are met.
- Liaising with winemakers, suppliers, service providers and clients on a daily basis.
- Reviewing SOP’s and master documentation as required.
- Maintaining analytical, consumable and winemaking product stocks within the laboratory.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualities:
- Have a team focus, be proactive, with a strong hands on work ethic.
- An ability to communicate and liase with staff and clients at all levels.
- A customer service mindset.
- Proven trouble shooting and problem solving skills.
- Willingness to take responsibility for all results delivered to the winemakers.