|Location||Near Deqin, Yunnan, China|
|Date Posted||8th Aug 2012|
|Closing Date||31 August 2012|
|Application Email Addressfirstname.lastname@example.org|
RED WINEMAKER. – MOET- HENNESSY JV, CHINA
3 Year contract commencing 2013.
Moet Hennessy seeks a winemaker for its new joint venture winery in Yunnan China.
This winery will produce high quality red wine from predominantly Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot for the China market.
The winery (200 tonne capacity) and vineyards are located in a remote mountainous area on the Lancang (Mekong) river in north western Yunnan.
The winemaker will work in a team which will include an Estate Director, Viticulturist, Assistant Winemaker, Assistant Viticulturist, Consultant winemaker and Consultant viticulturist
- Degree in Oenology from a University offering an internationally recognised Oenology and Viticulture course. (e.g. U C Davis, Adelaide, Charles Sturt (Australia), Montpellier, Bordeaux, Geisenheim etc.).
- Several years of ‘hands on’ red winemaking experience, preferably in different winemaking regions of the world.
- Experience in winemaking with Bordeaux varietals.
- An appreciation of the different styles red wines made from Bordeaux varietals worldwide.
- A sound understanding of viticulture.
- Demonstrable wine communication skills.
- Good spoken and written English.
- Preferably, though not necessarily, fluent in Mandarin.
The winemaker will report to the Estate Director and be responsible for all phases of red wine production from harvest through to bottling and packaging. The winemaker will work closely with an International Oenological consultant
The winemaker will also contribute to the viticultural team in developing new vineyards and optimising grape quality on existing vineyards.
The winemaker will also have PR responsibilities, presenting the wines to the trade and consumers generally assisting in building brand awareness.
How to Apply
A written application including a CV and references to
Dr A D Jordan. email@example.com. Phone +61 417 33 15 99