Vintage Assistant Winemakers
|Location||Berri, South Australia|
|Date Posted||10th Oct 2012|
|Application Email Addressemail@example.com|
We're the #1 wine company by volume in Australia and the UK, we have more than 1,800 employees globally and we make some of the world's best known brands!
Berri Estates is one of Australia’s largest wineries, with the ability to process in excess of 200,000 tonnes of grapes annually.
We are seeking two enthusiastic Vintage Assistant Winemakers at the Berri site with the possibility of one of these positions becoming an ongoing permanent position.
Reporting to the Senior Red and White Winemakers, you will be assisting the Winemaking team in continuing the high quality production of wines.
Major responsibilities of this position include:
• Ensure varieties as specified in winemaking stream roles and responsibilities are processed according to agreed specifications
• Assist in product tasting, allocations and blending
• Product trials as specified or approved by the Senior Winemaker
• Help oversee the 24 hour wine operations during the vintage period
• Own a portfolio of red or white wines.
To be considered for this role you must possess:
• Degree in Oenology or completion of 3rd Year level as a minimum
• Minimum 1 vintage of working experience in a winery environment
• Sound computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Sound organisational skills with an ability to meet deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The successful applicants will be self-motivated, enthusiastic and passionate about wine production. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a very successful winemaking team.
Further enquiries or requests for a copy of the Position Description can be directed to Greg Balkwill on (08) 8582 0300 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
To apply please visit our website at www.accolade-wines.com or send your application, marked ‘Confidential’ to:
PO Box 238
BERRI SA 5343