Skilled Cellar Worker
|Location||Santa Rosa, California, United States|
|Date Posted||24th Oct 2012|
Kendall-Jackson Wine Estates offers challenge and growth in rapidly changing business and agricultural environments. Exceptional individuals who possess a strong work ethic and a deep commitment to quality will find unique career opportunities combined with an outstanding salary and benefits package. We are currently looking for a Skilled Cellar Worker to add to our existing team at Skylane Winery in Santa Rosa.
Under the supervision of the highly skilled and personable Cellar master, this position will perform routine cellar duties.
These duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Follow and observe all safe cellar practices
• Sanitation in all areas ( facility and equipment)
• Equipment set-up
• Balance work orders
• Wine transfer, racking and blending
• Understanding of barrel operations, racking, filling and topping
• Filter operation, pressure leaf, lees, pad, membrane, and sterile filtration
• Chemical additions to wine and juice
• Team leader, ability to direct team members to achieve established production standards
• Basic computer skills in Word and Excel
• Forklift operation, barrels and case goods
• Other duties assigned by Foreperson or Cellarmaster
• Must be reliable, possess a good work ethic and have the desire to develop skills to advance in the company.
• Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions in English.
• Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. on a repetitive basis, work standing up and walk on concrete surfaces for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to work any shift and overtime as needed particularly during harvest season.
• A minimum of 3-5 years previous winery experience.
• A complete knowledge and skill level to operate all winery equipment.
• 2 years experience in supervising or leading a crew to accomplish multiple tasks.
How to Apply
If you are qualified for this role and would like to be considered, please submit your resume and salary requirements online at www.kj.com or by clicking the link below: