|Location||Yountville, California, United States|
|Date Posted||12th Sep 2012|
|Application Email Addressfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Maintain a superior quality of wines by performing a variety of routine bottling and cleaning procedures as well as special projects, such as hand labeling, special packaging and other non-standard packaging.
• Ensures the automatic loader (Champengal) is functioning correctly and bottles are loaded and proceeding through the line efficiently, must keep records of bins coming in with correct cuvee for the day.
• Filler/Corker/Wire Hood/Tumbler/Washer/Foil Station: Responsible for stocking supplies and watching for low fills or abnormalities with the operation of each piece of equipment. Must check dosage; keep records of bottles used to fill filler or other bottles such as dumps and/or losses for the day. May be required to assist in dumping and washing of caps at the disgorger.
• Labeler Station: Responsible for label changes and inspection of labels as they move through the line. Operator will manually fix labels on bottles as needed. Keep records of label counts and downtime on a daily basis. Ensure quality standards.
• Case Erector/Packer/Case Sealer Station: Responsible for ensuring equipment is functioning correctly and manual placement of inserts into box. Verify cases are loaded with appropriate number of bottles as well as inspect for quality assurance, may add neckers or promotional material or close gift boxes as necessary. Verify all boxes have inserts, and must ensure erector is full at all times and glue sealer has plenty of glue.
• Palletizer Station: Ensure equipment is properly functioning, shrink wrap pallets, tag pallets with appropriate paperwork and then forklift to the loading dock. Must lift cases when needed to fix machine in safe manner.
• Glass Depalletizer Station: Responsible for cutting open pallets of shrunk wrapped glass and unload glass onto conveyor. At this station also responsible for keeping supplies stocked and may be required to hand pack. Must keep accurate count of glass coming in.
• Keep work area clean and organized.
• Follow all safety procedures in operation of equipment and daily operations.
• Works with other departments to help where needed which include but are not limited to: Maintenance, Cellar, Warehouse, Sanitation and Janitorial with flexible schedule changes as directed by Management.
• Conduct inventory counting of dry goods, surlatte, surpoint and unfinished product during daily, monthly or quarterly inventories.
Education: High school diploma or GED required
Language: English required
Professional experience & know how:
Minimum 3 years winery production experience. Knowledge of safe production practices, including safety of equipment and following procedures. Ability to drive a forklift and become forklift certified.
Ability to understand and perform basic math.
Ability to understand and perform basic measurements. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Company Description:
Domaine Chandon, Inc., is the leading sparkling wine producer in the Napa Valley and an emerging producer of varietal wines. Founded in 1973, Domaine Chandon was the first American sparkling wine venture established by a French Champagne house, Moet & Chandon. Domaine Chandon, Inc., is a part of the Wine & Spirits Division of LVMH – Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, the leading worldwide luxury goods company specializing in the wine and spirits, fashion, leather goods, perfumes, cosmetics, watches, jewelry and selective retailing.
How to Apply
To apply, please email us your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or come in person to the Administrative Offices at 1 California Drive, Yountville, CA 94599