Mobile Bottling Line Manager / Operator
|Location||Napa, California, United States|
|Date Posted||25th Jul 2012|
|Application Email Addressemail@example.com|
Halsey Mobile Bottling was founded by Dan Halsey. With over 37 years of wine bottling experience, Dan is widely regarded as one of the most knowledgeable wine industry professionals in the area of bottling and packaging wines. Halsey Bottling Utilizes three high-speed bottling lines to service California wineries and production facilities, allowing customers without bottling facilities, or those with facilities with special needs, to package their wines on- site with speed and efficiency.
It is Halsey Mobile’s mission to offer services which focus on meeting our customers individual needs (ie: dynamic scheduling, rigid SOP standards, high-speed high-volume bottling runs, wine quality specifications ) at prices competitive with other mobile bottlers and/or wineries running their own custom bottling operations. We strive to make strategic partnerships with our customers and their suppliers: leading to economical, effective and efficient bottling outcomes.
Halsey Bottling is looking for an experienced Mobile Bottling Line Manager to join our team.
A Mobile Bottling Line Manager is a special breed of wine industry professional, and few have what it takes. Those that do, exemplify what it is to be the best in the business: not only having an entrepreneurial spirit, showcasing their talents as a wine production superstar, but an ability to work with winemakers to create both long lasting trust and respect.
The Mobile Bottling Line Manager/Operator should be resourceful, work well with clients/winery staff, highly motivated, extremely punctual, work with minimal supervision, knowledgeable in wine production and filtration, have uncompromising quality standards, and be flexible and willing to work changing and extended hours as needed. Basically, we need an employee to own the job, and exhibit exemplary standards to the client.
The Mobile Bottling Line Manager/Operator assures that all mobile bottling systems and equipment function in an efficient, high quality and reliable manner, ensures sanitation and HAACP standards are met, focuses on downtime prevention, assumes role as company representative to winemakers and cellar staff. This job is also a hands-on maintenance role, and employee will perform all aspects of preventive and predictive machine maintenance, as well as perform all bottling run repairs: mechanical, motor and electrical, machinery to insure maximum production hours.
Willingness to travel is a must.
• Winery Staff: Work closely with the Winery Manager and Winemaker to plan and monitor bottling runs. Must create positive and long-lasting working relationships with clients.
• Wine Industry Professionals: Act as Company representative to promote positive Company reputation, and to seek out potential new clients.
• Bottling Line Assistant: Act as mentor and manager for bottling line helper.
• Company Owner: Interact on a daily basis to provide Owners with feedback.
• Company Team members: Interact with other Line managers and helpers, providing back-up and help as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Bottling Operations (80% of job)
• Meet or exceed bottling sanitation and packaging standards.
• Follow Company HAACP and SOP standards.
• Plan bottling runs with winemaker with an eye towards efficiency.
• Bottle and package wines: .750, 1.5, .375, 6-pks, 12-pks, full package, shiners, etc.
• Assure that all systems are working in an efficient, safe and reliable manner through continuous monitoring.
• Monitor and record all bottling parameters: Sparger operation, filtration, cork vacuum, foil application, label placement, DO monitoring, etc.
• Responsible for scheduling and coordinating preventive maintenance on the bottling line.
• Schedule, organize, and complete annual preventive maintenance as needed throughout the year.
• Identify equipment or system that need repair or upgrade and schedule work required.
• Assure that all critical parts and materials are in inventory to minimize downtime.
• Plan for effective line changeovers.
Management/Leadership (15% of job):
• Provide leadership and guidance to the temporary bottling staffs.
• Provide leadership and guidance to the bottling assistant.
• Provide written reviews of bottling line maintenance.
• Routinely review work in progress to assure that the jobs are being completed in a safe, timely, and professional manner.
Financial / Recordkeeping (5% of job):
• Assist the Company Owners in the generation of bottling reports and billing details.
• Record and organize bottling worksheets
• Track and record all bottling run parameters
• Track and record all packaging parameters (change-parts, label set-up, etc.)
• Manage the Halsey Bottling Line Assistant
• Manage temporary bottling helpers
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
• Minimum 5 years bottling experience, including 2 to 5 years of supervisory experience required.
• High degree of competence in bottling systems including pneumatics, electrical and mechanical systems.
• Hands-on working experience on Bertolaso bottling equipment (Fillers, corkers, screw-cap).
• Demonstrable ability in high-voltage electrical systems.
• Working knowledge of PLC systems is an advantage.
• Comprehensive knowledge of standard cellar equipment, wine production, wine filtration and sanitation procedures.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Good supervisory, teamwork and organizational skills.
• Drive company vehicles when required.
• Drive forklift to move supplies and equipment.
• Knowledge of Microsoft applications.
• Demonstrated ability to problem solve and adjust to changing timelines.
• Work as a hands-on mechanic.
• Experience with high speed pressure-sensitive labelers preferred.
• Spanish Language skills a plus.
• Clean DMV record.
• Lift and carry 60 lbs.
Salary Information: DOE
How to Apply