|Location||Napa, California, United States|
|Date Posted||7th Aug 2012|
|Application Email Addressemail@example.com|
Under general supervision, performs routine laboratory duties.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a Monday through Friday standard work week.
Flexible work schedule, including night shifts, and overtime will be required, particularly during the harvest season.
1. Perform routine chemical analysis on wines including, but not limited to, TA, pH, alcohol, FSO2, VA, enzymatic RS, ML and acetic acid testing and conductivity.
2. Assist with entry of daily chemical analysis into Winemaker Database.
3. Analysis of incoming grapes, analysis of berry samples from vineyards, additions and inoculations to juice tanks, barrel sampling, brix checks by DMA, and additional duties as determined by QC Manager and Winemaking team.
4. Fully supports the Company’s commitment towards established Safety practices and policies.
5. Other duties as assigned by manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function on the list above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Strong work ethic and can-do attitude.
2. Commitment to excellent, high standards and attention to detail.
3. Good written and verbal communication skills.
4. Strong organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills.
5. Ability to manage multiple priorities and workflow.
6. Versatility, flexibility and willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
7. Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
8. Proficient in MS Office programs and Winemaker Database experience a plus.
9. Working knowledge of statistical analysis of data, laboratory instrumentation and troubleshooting, and wine laboratory analysis.
10. Knowledge of wine and wine production.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Enology/Chemistry degree or equivalent in a related field.
2. Two years related experience; experience in a winery laboratory preferred.
Salary Information: DOE
How to Apply
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PH: 707-963-5170 / FAX: 707-967-5128