|Location||Fresno, California, United States|
|Date Posted||7th Aug 2012|
|Application Email Addressfirstname.lastname@example.org|
The Wine Group, a leader in the wine industry, is currently seeking a Lab Supervisor for our Fresno, CA facility.
• Oversee all lab operations ensuring productivity and accuracy of results. Provides leadership for development, implementation and maintenance of lab systems and activities.
• Schedule and assign work to Lab Technicians. Monitor overall lab performance. Supervisor responsible and will initiate disciplinary actions when company policy and procedures have been compromised.
• Monitor all lab activities and ensure methods and accuracy of results.
• Monitor employee attendance by completing daily attendance verification logging
• Ensure communications to both internal and external customers are timely. Assign appropriate follow up actions to ensure issues are adequately addressed to minimize impact and eliminate recurrence.
• Assist in improving the Analytical Team including making suggestions, planning, and implementing improvements. Lead by example in maintaining a positive attitude and approach to change. Ensure team is adequately trained and competent in the Analytical processes.
• Create and execute project work and revise project / test plans as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
• Help maintain clean, safe laboratory facility. Follow good laboratory practices.
• Lead or participate on teams to resolve or explore laboratory issues. Keep abreast of current analytical testing and innovation etc. by studying current literature and attending seminars and meetings.
• Assist all employees with trouble shooting and root-cause analysis for quality related concerns. Develop quality response plans and corrective actions as appropriate.
• Participate and assist management with any customer audit programs.
• Manage the purchase of lab supplies
• Support all company procedures and policies.
• Must have prerequisites and skillsets to acquire TTB Chemist Certification.
• This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• Must be able to frequently lift and carry weights of up to 50 pounds at varying frequencies
• Possess the ability to work in a fast paced production environment
• Working environment is both indoors and outdoors, with exposure to related equipment and noise levels
• Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in the performance of various task in the production environment
• Must be able to repeatedly climb 20 feet tank stairs/vertical tank ladders
• A minimum of 2 year experience in supervising.
• Degree in Microbiology, Chemistry, other science related field or related experience
• HS Diploma or equivalent
• Must possess strong verbal, written, analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
• Competent in computer software programs including Microsoft Excel, Word, Access and Power Point
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or<==4000 ==4000 ==4000 schedule form
• Must be able to work rotating shifts
• Must possess strong skills in the following areas functional/technical skills, action oriented/sense of urgency, customer focus, drive for results, time management, continuous improvement and self-development
• Highly motivated, reliable and enjoy working in a team oriented innovative work environment
• Must possess strong attention to detail, initiative, and problem solving skills
Salary Information: DOE
How to Apply
The Wine Group