Director of Tasting Room Sales and Operations
|Location||Walla Walla, Washington, United States|
|Date Posted||22nd Aug 2012|
|Category||Sales & Marketing|
|Application Email Addressfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Precept Wine is the largest locally and independently owned wine group in the Northwest - harvesting, producing and selling 900,000 cases of wine per year. Quality and Value are two of the cornerstones that set PW apart. PW’s expectation is that every employee will represent the company to the best of their ability and execute their core job responsibilities with passion & creativity, while driving profitability and brand success. PW is an entrepreneurial company where an employee’s job description will change and evolve over time.
Reporting Structure: Reports directly to the Vice President of Retail Operations.
Requirements– Lead with integrity, honesty, and experience while promoting an environment focused on excellent customer service, hospitality, and sales. Represent Waterbrook in a positive, professional manner.
• Responsible for achieving monthly and annual tasting room sales and revenue goals.
• Provide leadership, direction and information to staff to foster a productive, efficient
and positive work environment. Model the behavior that is expected from tasting room staff.
• Manage tasting room staff. Responsibilities include training employees, employee scheduling, assigning/directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving conflicts.
• Maintain standard operating procedures for tasting room: oversee customer service procedures, opening and closing procedures, point of sales system, safety, and housekeeping.
• Supervise and work in conjunction with the wine club coordinator to manage and grow the wine club and other direct to consumer sales channels.
• Ensure staff is trained on appropriate sales techniques, promotions, and expectations.
• Supervise inventory, purchase orders, invoices, etc. to ensure proper checks and balances and to stay within budget.
• Manage the kitchen operations and staff. Follow Washington health and food safety protocol.
• Manage all hospitality experiences at the tasting room – hosting consumers & members of the trade to ensure an optimal experience.
• Manage the sales and execution of private functions including catering, events, and weddings.
• Work closely with the Retail Manager to create and execute an effective event plan for the facility which drives customers to the tasting room, while enhancing the overall consumer experience.
• Work closely with the Retail Manager on strategic development of retail business/sales plan.
• Ensure consistent and appropriate brand message is effectively communicated at all times.
• Analyze and report sales information in a timely and accurate manner.
• Ensure adherence to accounting and inventory procedures.
• Manage donation requests as scheduled.
• Create displays and presentations that encourage sales according to a set schematic.
• Maintain a thoughtful, inviting, and clean tasting room.
Summary of Experience:
• 5 years experience in customer service related to hospitality
• 4 years experience supervising staff
• 1 year experience in a tasting room setting
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• A passion for and sound knowledge of wine
• Demonstrated sales ability
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail with excellent organizational skills
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
• Demonstrated people and leadership skills
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
• Strong computer skills and knowledge of point of sale
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Ability to lift items up to 40lbs
How to Apply