Cellar Door Manager
|Location||Yarra Valley, Victoria|
|Date Posted||7th Sep 2012|
|Closing Date||18th September 2012|
|Application Email Addressemail@example.com|
Top 10 white wine producers 2012
Age and Sydney Herald Winery of the Year 2012
Chardonnay Wine of the Year 2012
327 medals in 10 years
General Manager a Top 12 Sommelier…
the awards and accolades keep on coming!
Oakridge Winery. A boutique winery with passionate vignerons and master wine making artisans. Hand and picking all their grapes; making wine with minimum intervention.
With a philosophy of excellence and service Oakridge has been making outstanding wine since 1978. In 2012 with a well-established and respected winery, cellar door and restaurant they are seeking a Cellar Door Manager.
There could be no better, more exciting time to join the Oakridge team. With a new restaurant and cellar door currently under construction, designed by the world-renowned architects, Denton Corker Marshall, they of Bolte Bridge fame, Oakridge continue to bring style and elegance to their customers’ wine and dining experience.
Supported by extensive wine knowledge and experience in creating a high performing, strongly customer service orientated team you will be responsible for achieving further sales and profitability within the well-established cellar door.
Reporting to the General Manager you will enjoy a varied role with exceptional, work-with leadership as you undertake the following responsibilities:
- Attract, retain, lead, train and mentor a passionate cellar door and restaurant team
- Initiate and implement training to support them in delivering excellent service, achieving sales targets and increase their knowledge of food and wine to support growth and succession planning
- Develop a culture of exceptional customer service and engagement both within the cellar door, restaurant and on-line
- Create and implement the annual sales and marketing plan including events’ calendar, budgets, on-line marketing and sales platforms, new initiatives and customer growth and retention
- Effectively manage costs including staffing and financial budgets, purchasing and inventory
- Create and maintain an attractively merchandised and presented cellar door with imaginative displays that respect and further show case the brand
- Work closely with the Restaurant Manager in organising and managing events both private and corporate.
The successful person will, most importantly, have leadership experience from within the wine or hospitality industry ideally within a prestige boutique winery, restaurant or retailer where customer service and excellence is the most important thing. You will also be able to demonstrate the following skills, values and attributes:
- Extensive and current knowledge of wine; their making, qualities, style and service with confidence to share knowledge and educate with passion
- Ability to lead, train and mentor a high performing, passionate team by creating a motivating, achievement and fun orientated environment
- A creative flair in developing service, sales and marketing initiatives that excites and engages your team and customers
- Sound financial understanding and experience of achieving budgets and creating and implementing successful marketing plans
- Great communication and social skills to initiate and develop relationships via networking and speaking
- Proven creativity to develop strategies and resolve problems supported by sound decision making
- Willingness to be a great team player and share the passion within a growing, highly respected winery committed to making outstanding wine and providing exemplarily service.
This really is an amazing career opportunity to join a profitable, growing winery as it continues to WOW the wine industry with the quality of its wine, food, service and facilities.
How to Apply
For a confidential discussion please call Kate at Fish Recruiting http://www.fishrecruiting.com.au 0438 883 143 or email firstname.lastname@example.org