|Location||Barwang Vineyard, Young, NSW|
|Date Posted||24th Jul 2012|
|Application Email Addressemail@example.com|
With representation in key wine regions throughout Australia, a rich portfolio of brands and more than six generations of winemaking experience, McWilliam’s Wines Group has cemented its place as one of Australia’s leading and most awarded wine companies. Our brands reflect a commitment to quality and include McWilliam’s, Evans & Tate, Mount Pleasant, Barwang, Lillydale Estate, Brand’s Laira, Catching Thieves, Sunstone and X&Y. McWilliam’s Wines is also the Australian distributor for premium international brands including Drambuie, Champagne Taittinger, Henkell and Mateus.
We are seeking an experienced Vineyard Operator/Technical to carry out day to day vineyard practices in accordance with Company and Industry standards as directed by the Vineyard Manager. The position is based on Barwang Vineyard, Young.
Key Responsibilities include:
- In liaison with the Vineyard Manager you will be responsible for carrying out the day to day practices in accordance with Company and Industry standards
- Provide direction and support to the Vineyard team to achieve their objectives
- Ability to maintain daily records of vineyard activities
- Ability to minimize loss through implementation and maintenance of the Company Workplace Health and Safety policies and Standard Operating Procedures
- General duties as required by the company
The successful Candidate will have the following attributes:
- Grade (4/5) (AQF Level 4)
- Experience in machinery operation
- Strong leadership/management skills
- Pruning and harvesting experience
- Strong experience in pest and disease assessment and control
- Experience in stock control, collection and collation of data and record keeping
- Computer literate
- Strong communication skills
- Solid understanding of OHS&E requirements
- Experienced in a similar role
- Self – motivated individual with the ability to function without direct supervision.
In addition this position requires working closely with the team and management and requires flexibility in working hours throughout the growing season and at vintage.
This role represents an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated individual who seeks a continual challenge and career progression in an organisation that’s supports professional and personal development.
How to Apply
Please send your application including detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before COB Friday 19th August 2012.