|Location||Paso Robles, California, United States|
|Date Posted||22nd Aug 2012|
|Application Email Addressfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Broken Earth Winery, located in Paso Robles on the Central Coast of California, is seeking the services of an enthusiastic and dedicated Assistant Winemaker.
Working closely with the Director of Winemaking and the Production Manager, this position is a critical link in the production of high quality wine.
Broken Earth Winery is a privately owned company with extensive vineyard plantings (currently 520 producing acres with another 210 acres being planted). The winery is a fully equipped facility with premium quality as a mandate.
This is a full-time position with benefits (after a qualifying period) and offers realistic potential for advancement. The winemaking philosophy is quality driven and the successful candidate will become an integral part of the production team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assist in managing and supervising production staff with an emphasis on detail and safety.
• Monitor daily production activities through harvest
• Perform standard laboratory analyses to assist Lab Technician during peak periods
• Participate in the decision making process with winemaking and vineyard activities
• Assist with cellar work during peak season demands
• Monitor and supervise all bottling activities
• Ensure all QC standards are met for all operations
• Maintain appropriate paperwork
• Oversee inventory control
• Complete and confirm chemical additions
• Conduct bench trials as required
Bachelor’s degree in Enology, Viticulture preferred but not essential if the candidate has detailed experience in winemaking
Minimum of 3 years experience in a winery production capacity
Supervision experience preferred
Excellent computer skills
Excellent communication skills
Clean driving record
Able to work extended hours, weekends etc as required
Able to lift up to 50lbs
Able to operate a forklift
Able to stand for long periods of time
Able to kneel, push, pull, bend and reach
Clearly the ideal candidate will be the country’s next great winemaker but we are willing to consider applicants who can show a real passion and desire to be successful in the wine industry. The position offers flexibility, creativity and an environment to learn from many years of winemaking experience on offer.
Salary Information: DOE
How to Apply
Please respond to email@example.com