Assistant Maître D/Sommelier Landscape Restaurant
|Date Posted||10th Jan 2017|
A modern, dark space with intimate lighting and curated, classical music by the Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra, within the original sandstone and timber fabric of the 1830's IXL building. The main and private dining rooms are complemented by original John Glover masterpieces along with winners of the prestigious John Glover Art Prize.
A premium dining experience centered upon a selection of Tasmanian and Australian steak and seafood dishes. Executive Chef Oli Mellers has designed the menu paying homage to European classics, "A feature of Landscape, The Asado Grill, is fired up daily with a blend of Tasmanian hard wood and a selection of sherry, bourbon or port cask from the Tasmanian Cooper Company. These local or seasoned timbers that we char and smoke over, give a unique flavour to the dishes".
- Be responsible for managing and developing the beverage service of the Restaurant;
- assisting in procurement, training and leading beverage service;
- assist the Maître D' with the front-of-house operations for the Restaurant, with a lead-by-example approach;
- liaising with key stakeholders to ensure smooth operation of outlet assigned;
- assist the Maître D' in co-ordinating team members including rostering duties as require;
- lead, develop and provide training to team members;
- assist in the management and order of stock;
- provide reports, feedback or opportunities regarding outlet identified.
Qualifications and experience:
- Experience in a similar role;
- relevant qualifications or working towards;
- experience in a highly guest-centric role;
- food and beverage knowledge and expertise.
In return for your contribution, The Henry Jones Art Hotel offers you a supportive team environment and the opportunity to grow and fine tune your skills.
As an Employer of Choice, we offer a range of employee benefits and promote an environment where values and team culture are of high importance. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills and enjoy great working conditions, whilst enhancing your career opportunities.
For further information, please contact the HR Coordinator- Brooke Garnham on (03) 6221 1702 or email: email@example.com
How to Apply
Apply now at http://www.thehenryjones.com/careers