An exciting opportunity exists for a passionate, driven winemaker to join our team at Spring Vale, Cranbrook Tasmania. Spring Vale is widely recognised as a top producer of Pinot Noir, aromatics, Chardonnay and Sparkling wines.
The successful applicant will produce a range of wines with fruit sourced locally. These wines are predominantly sold throughout the Australian domestic market within the ultra-premium price range.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualities:
• Tertiary qualifications
• Experience in all winemaking processes, including plant and equipment operation and maintenance
• Team orientated
• Strong written, IT and oral communication skills
• Logistical, management and administrative skills
• Experience in handling small batch fermentations
• Must be willing to contribute to promotion, sales and marketing (including Cellar Door)
• Experience in fruit assessment
This full time position reports to the Managing Director. You will be responsible for all wines in the Spring Vale range and also some contract winemaking to external parties as required. Light domestic travel will be required.
Remuneration will be negotiated with relevance to experience and qualifications.