Handpicked Wines is an Australian-based producer headquartered in Sydney and with vineyards in the Yarra Valley, Mornington Peninsula, Barossa Valley and Tamar Valley. We also have long-term partnerships with growers in other wine regions across Australia and overseas.
An exciting opportunity is available for a Vineyard Operator to join our established yet dynamic team, which aspires to walk its own path in the wine industry
This full-time position is based at our Yarra Glen vineyard, with some travel to other sites in the Yarra Valley and Mornington Peninsula. You will be a key member of the production team, helping to achieve desired outcomes in yield, quality and sustainability.
You will be responsible for:
- Tractor operations, including spraying, slashing, trimming and harvest
- Infrastructure repairs, including trellis, irrigation, fencing
- Preventative maintenance and simple repairs of tractors and machinery
- Vineyard establishment and reworking
- Crop estimates, maturity sampling, pest & disease monitoring
- Irrigation monitoring and application
The successful applicant will:
- Have significant experience in vineyard or other agricultural operations
- Be able to safely and efficiently use a range of vineyard machinery
- Show a level of mechanical aptitude
- Have an interest in the wine industry
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Be equally comfortable working alone or as part of a team
- Hold a current drivers licence and chemical users certificate
We offer a competitive remuneration package aimed at attracting the right candidates. Professional development and career progression opportunities will be made available over time.
Please provide a cover letter and CV using the APPLY ONLINE link below.
For further enquiries, please contact Andrew Butler, Senior Viticulturist, by email at email@example.com or by phone at 0467 371 390.