Vineyard Manager, Symphonia Vineyard – King Valley
Symphonia vineyard is a 40ha property in Victoria's King Valley alpine region, owned by Peter and Suzanne Evans. Planted in the 1980’s, family owned and operated, Symphonia is the product of determination and collaboration. The Family continues to share the vision of the founder Peter Read, to bring to Australia some of the most unique wine varieties the world has to offer.
In response to the pending retirement of the vineyard manager following a 20-year tenure, there is an opportunity for a motivated and skilled vineyard manager/viticulturalist to take the reins and elevate the vineyard to the next level.
- Motivated to innovate, improve and succeed
- Experience in a hands-on vineyard operations role
- Mechanical aptitude
- Computer literate
- Financial nous
- Australian drivers license
- Develop and implement annual vineyard operating plans and budgets
- Maintain, adapt and develop timely, seasonally-specific, disease and weather contingency strategies to meet grape quality goals
- Communicate regularly and effectively with owners, contractors, grape purchase customers and consultants
- Maximise the quality and brand potential of the site
- Tractor operations such as trimming, mowing, spraying, harvester and chaser driving
- Canopy management, pruning and vine training
- Irrigation system operation and maintenance
- Manage and supervise casual vineyard labor
- Strong knowledge of safety conduct and procedures
This is a role which offers the potential for further career growth. We would consider applicants with vineyard experience who are ambitious to advance their career under mentorship and with support to acquire greater management experience and skills.
An attractive salary package, plus appropriate relocation and accommodation costs are available.
To discuss the opportunity further, please contact Lilian Carter at Vinemark on 0418827643. Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30thAugust 2019.