Job Title: Vineyard Manager
The position reports to the business owner and the ideal candidate will be highly self-motivated, articulate, flexible, well organised and focused on continuous improvement. There is also a need for strong planning, management, communication and supervisory skills.
The salary package is commensurate with experience and qualifications and includes a motor vehicle and mobile phone.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of all aspects of vineyard establishment, operations, improvement and maintenance.
- Management of Pruning, canopy manipulation & trellis maintenance throughout the season.
- Operation of tractor/s and respective vineyard machinery for all seasonal operations.
- Irrigation operation and maintenance as required.
- Pest and Disease monitoring and control.
- Current drivers and forklift licences plus chemical users licence.
- Support network and a drive to continue learning (with appropriate support).
- Planning, management and communication skills with ability to follow instructions efficiently and professionally.
- Self-motivation and drive for continuous improvement.
- Ability to supervise permanent vineyard workforce, including seasonal workers (pruners) & contractors.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Good record keeping skills plus be able to use standard computer software.
- Management of SAW/Entwine/Grapeweb programmes
- Knowledge of and adherence to all relevant WHS/OHS laws and regulations.
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Backhoe/loader Licence
If this sounds like the job for you, please use the 'APPLY ONLINE' link, forwarding a covering message and attaching your current CV.