We are seeking a Vineyard Hand to join our team based in the Clare Valley. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a can-do attitude, with strong attention to detail and be prepared to work out of normal hours when seasonal demand requires.
Duties will consist of:
- Carrying out vineyard operations efficiently and effectively at the required level, as directed by the Vineyard Supervisor.
- Carrying out herbicide, fungicide & insecticide programs, including pest and disease; and weed control
- Conduct irrigation activities as per the irrigation schedule; including fertigation, maintenance of the irrigation systems, drip conversions & applying information from the soil moisture measuring devices.
- Maintain and operate all plant and machinery in accordance with safe operating procedures and policies.
- Complete soil works, fertilisation, propagation, trellising, planting and vine development activities as requested
- Complete re-planting or re-trellising activities as required.
- Conduct vine pruning activities both manual and machine.
- Carry out both machine and hand harvesting activities.
- Ability to work shifts during vintage
Current chemical certificate (not essential but preferred). Truck and forklift licence desirable.