About the business:
Laithwaite's Wine is a highly successful home delivery wine merchant with over 100,000 customers across Australia and New Zealand. We are part of the global Direct Wines Group, which was founded by Tony Laithwaite in the 1960's and is still wholly owned and operated by the Laithwaite's family. Direct Wines is now the largest online/mail order wine merchant in the world, based in many countries including Australia, New Zealand, United States, United Kingdom, Taiwan and Hong Kong. As well as retailing wines from many of the top wineries in Australia and the world, we have our own winery in the Barossa Valley and Bordeaux.
About the role:
Laithwaite's Wine are currently seeking a full-time junior digital designer. This role will be responsible for providing design and coding for digital offers for both recruitment and customer base. Working mainly across the EDM channels, the successful candidate will posses strong HTML and design skills with excellent attention to detail and time management. As well as EDM and customer communications creation, the role will also support ATG promotions set up, Walk to web, and asset management.
- Manage production process for email strategy from brief through to design concepts, HTML production in accordance with campaign. Deadlines
- EDM design, coding and asset management
- Implementation of new code
- Mirroring approved code and design across brands.
- Design and build of recruitment landing pages
- A strong digital portfolio - demonstrating emails, banners, landing pages and websites
- 2 years minimum industry experience
- Knowledge of using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver)
- Strong HTML design skills (must possess the ability to hand-code in HTML/CSS)
- Experience of working with an ESP (email service provider)
- Experience of implementing email templates
- Attention to detail and good time management
- Ability to work as part of a team and multi task
- Mac experience
- Experience of digital marketing
- Evidence of/aptitude learning new software systems
- Understanding of SVN
- Creative approach to idea generation, design and concept generation
- Understanding of ATG or content management systems
The role will aim to grow the following skills:
- Testing: control testing EDM, recruitment offers, order pipeline, payment issues, case content, global website releases.
- Utilization of Optimizely for Marketing and concept testing across web sites and landing pages.
- Assisting in the strategic and design direction of future of email communications in the market
Please submit resume, cover letter and link to design portfolio.