The Position: Copywriter
We are looking for a highly literate, experienced copywriter with strong experience across print and digital copy, preferably within a Direct Marketing context and/or a sound knowledge and interest in wine, working as part of our Creative Team, under the Head of Creative.
Our busy, small, quality-focussed team of designers and copywriters, is responsible for the creation of all wine offers and tasting notes, in print and online, ensuring all offers are accurate, well-written, on time, and in line with our brand guidelines and those of our Business Partners.
Although part of a collaborative team, the position requires high levels of personal responsibility and time management. With close attention to detail, and driven by tight deadlines, you will manage and own projects of varying size and complexity, across from several weekly emails and larger seasonal email campaigns, smaller ad hoc single pieces (otp ads, banners, vouchers, eDMs) to large multi-page catalogues for print, plus maintain accurate product information across our websites.
Fulfilling briefs on campaigns for recruitment, and to existing customers, we work closely with the Marketing Department, Production Manager, dedicated Digital Team and Wine Department. While an expert knowledge of wine is not essential, a thorough basic knowledge, keen interest and willingness to broaden knowledge is.
Responsibilities & Duties – candidate should have:
- Substantial experience of writing informative and/or sales focused copy for print or online”
- Good experience working with Microsoft word, good basic knowledge of Excel , and preferably knowledge of working with Adobe Creative Suite (CS5) software InDesign
- Understanding/experience with web content management systems an advantage
- Strong organisational and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure, manage multiple jobs and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with social media an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability and confidence to deal directly and positively with other departments, and business partners if required
- Ability to take and follow direction and design briefs using your own initiative
- Ability to proof your own work
- Ability to follow and adhere to existing corporate guidelines and style guides
- Team player
- Self starter
- Ability to hit deadlines and work at a pace