Joval Wine Group is a dynamic, entrepreneurial and fun privately owned leading Wine & Glassware distributor servicing both the on and off-premise market. Established in 1963, Joval's activities are focused on fine wine, being underpinned by two of the most prestigious and well regarded fine wine distribution entities in Australia, red+white and Mezzanine. We have offices throughout Australia and an affiliation with wine production companies in both South Australia and New Zealand. We employ upwards of 200 staff nationally with our head office being located in Melbourne, Victoria.
We now have a rare opportunity for an energetic, self-motivated and talented sales cadet to join our WA team! Even though this newly created role is an entry level position we will be giving the successful candidate the opportunity to manage and service a diverse portfolio of customers ranging from national retail accounts to groups, to a small selection of on-premise customers. We are seeking someone that can easily adapt to situations and customers, is a quick learner and has a hunger for smashing targets, tasting amazing wines and educating our customers as well.
Even though we'd like the role to be full-time we will consider part-time for the right applicant that is may be studying and looking for a gateway to sales and/or the wine sector. This role will be based out of our West Leederville office and will report directly to the State Manager.
The successful applicant will be responsible for (though not limited to):
· Servicing the existing customer base and increasing distribution where possible
· Identifying new business opportunities
· Reporting on sales, trade activity and competitor activity on a monthly basis
· Developing yearly and monthly strategies for meeting and exceeding budgets
· Providing action plans and target lists for key brands in the portfolio
To be successful in your application you must have:
· Excellent communication skills
· Current full valid driver's license
· Retail experience
· Basic to intermediate wine knowledge & a willingness to learn
· A high level of presentation
· Accurate numeracy skills & impeccable time management ability
· The ability to work autonomously and within a team
If you are seeking an opportunity with one of Australia's leading premium wine distribution companies please apply within.
Nb: The successful applicant will be required to submit a police check prior to their commencement of employment.